Welcome to OpenBuilds Community

Signup today and join in on the fun!

Delivery Message

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by GrayUK, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM.

1. GrayUK

GrayUK Veteran Builder

Hi Mark.
    I've posted here because others may want to know. If I order some stuff from the Parts Store, would they be able to write a request on the Parcel to:- "Leave in the back garden if no one is at home." I live in the country and most things happen like that here.

Obviously I'm working during the day, and delivery is not so accurate to be able to take a day off work at short notice.
    Normally I have my parcels delivered to my work place, but I think they will get a bit upset if a great big parcel arrives on their doorstep.

Cheers
    Gray
  2. bit53b

bit53b Well-Known Builder

fyi - it may not have to be short notice. When you pay the import duty you can choose a delivery date.
  3. GrayUK

GrayUK Veteran Builder

Oh Wow! Didn't realise this. Trouble is I have to give many weeks notice and have to fit in with other people's needs.

Cheers
    Gray
  4. GrayUK

GrayUK Veteran Builder

What do you reckon Mark. Is that a can-do thing?

Gray
  5. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team Staff Member Builder

Hi Gray,

Apologies for jumping in here but your delivery will be a 'signed for' so someone must be available.
    Parcel Force handle the customs clearance in the UK and as Bit53b has said you can specify a delivery date (including Saturdays I believe) alternately you could arrange collection from their local depot.

Tweakie.