Welcome to OpenBuilds Community

Signup today and join in on the fun!

RepRap Forums - Open Build Prusa Concept

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Bobnet, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Bobnet

Bobnet Well-Known Builder

2. MechEng

MechEng Well-Known Builder

Interesting. Have you looked at replicating the OrdBot? Pretty simple design that uses extrusions very similar to OpenBuilds extrusions.
  3. Bobnet

Bobnet Well-Known Builder

I have seen the OrdBot, and yes you could do it with OpenRail. Do you have any experience of the OrdBot?

The i3 has a large ecosystem surrounding it, it's easier to rework something when there is a lot of development going on around it.
    ex: My i3 thingiverse collection: http://www.thingiverse.com/Bobnet/collections/i3

My idea is to use a OpenBuilds build plate, replace the lower body with V-Slot & use synchromesh ala Deezmaker.
    It's still all drawing board stuff.
    Todd and kram242 like this.
  4. wegunterjr

wegunterjr New Builder

I am ready to transition from the Prusa Mendel with threaded rod and belts, to the openbuilds...any guidance?
  5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Builder

I am modifying the BOM for the Prusa Wilson TS variant. I am going to have a build area of 10x10 x12. His spreadsheet allows you to set the build size and then creates the correct size of extrusions, rods etc. I want to go further and use the v-slot and build plate in my version.
    Jotad40 likes this.
  6. Jotad40

Jotad40 New Builder

Hi, this will be my first attempt to build a reprap, i really like the wilson ts model, but i can't find the printed parts cad or stl. Can you help me? Where did you find it? Thanks
  7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Builder